lilg1993
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 335is

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
It was an epic game really. Feel for you East coast guys staying up so late for the finish. I could only follow the first three period on the feed from NHL.com and then the first OT radio but was able to make it home for the last two Ot's.
When you get that far in the OT it is so even neither team really beats the other...it just takes one miscue or good bounce for the win. The game winner was a minor missed assignment and everyone is so tired that's how it goes.
I saw a replay of the Pavelski "goal" and I kind of have to say the call is not necessarily unfair. He was charging hard and the push was marginal at best...if It was on the other side of the coin I would say my goalie was interfered with. I can't really hold that as an excuse.

The fault I can find was the PP opportunities for the Sharks in OT...too much dump in..the Sharks do it best by setting up the points and getting guys like Burns firing at the net and then winning the battle in front of the net...the PP in OT never felt really dangerous.
I'm surprised you took that so well, I would've thought you'd be pretty angry about that goal bing waved off and then eventually losing. While I agree that the push seemed pretty small, it was still a cross-check, while the guy has forward momentum. and but despite that, I may have agreed with you if Pavelski was not also tripped by a Nashville defensemen's leg, which really sent him tumbling into Rinne. And I felt the same way about the PP in OT...I never really felt all that worried about them scoring; they just didn't have the mechanics in OT to get it done it didn't seem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Islanders about 8 minutes from making golf reservations for the week. They forgot to show up today.

That series is done....
disappointing performance in game 5 to say the least. I didn't even watch the game because of mother's day festivities, etc. (who decided to put the game on in the middle of the afternoon on mothers day, anyhow!? again, fuck you, Bettman), but from the highlights and what I heard it was a disaster. Oh well. I suppose I am happy that we made it out of the first round finally, and that I got to witness it in person. and that we went further than the Rangers...that is a big win for islanders fans lol
'07 E93 335i 6AT, Platinum Bronze Metallic/Cream Beige [SOLD]