12-12-2022, 11:20 AM   #102
iroc86
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 BMW 230i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugly M3 View Post
Sorry to hear that. More sorry to hear about the DHP. Sounds like BMW intro'd the car with it, shipped it to all the mags to get the glowing reviews it got, and then just took it away because they knew nobody would buy it. As someone who specced an ED F22 with the THP, this is sad.
I think you're right. Most examples I've found (either at dealers' websites or on YouTube) of the base 230i do have the ZHP Dynamic Handling Package if they're 2022 models, but not 2023s. BMW has been citing supply chain issues as the reason for these option adjustments, but I don't think that's the case here. Shouldn't matter if it's a 230i with ZDH or an M240i because the brakes are the same.

There's other weirdness, too. With the latest round of changes, I couldn't combine the M Sport package on a 230i RWD with a Canberra Beige interior (either in SensaTec or leather). Cognac was the only non-black option. But you can get Canberra Beige in the xDrive 230i w/ M Sport or either of the M240i trims. This one sounds like an oversight, not a deliberate intent to keep options specific to certain models. I went with Cognac.
Fugly M34902.50