View Single Post
      12-10-2022, 10:41 AM   #101
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc86 View Post
Another data point for all of you: I received my allocation for a 230i last week and the production date was set for the week of 12/26/22. MSRP with 2022 prices was confirmed. The dealer inputted my build details, but had to verify one option (1VY staggered wheels) because BMW still listed the option as available but it wasn't showing up in the dealer's system. This took a day or two, and now the production date shifted into mid-January... +$800 MSRP. My CA took it up with the sales manager but they said there was nothing they could do.

I'm grateful that I could even order a car, as the dealer was able to swap allocations and get me the model I wanted, but I'm still annoyed that a $600 wheel option is now effectively costing me $1400. Especially since the G42's Dynamic Handling Package--which would have included said wheels, as well as the bigger brakes and LSD--cost only $500 more than that, but was discontinued a few months ago. (Another oddity: adding those 1VY wheels was the only way I could get the M Sport package, since you can't select it directly anymore. These are strange times.)

I'm trying to tell myself that the price increase is worth it to avoid having a car that was built between two holidays, when the production workers may not be on their A game, but that's just empty consolation...
Sorry to hear that. More sorry to hear about the DHP. Sounds like BMW intro'd the car with it, shipped it to all the mags to get the glowing reviews it got, and then just took it away because they knew nobody would buy it. As someone who specced an ED F22 with the THP, this is sad.