View Single Post
      02-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #11
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I had a 1988 Jeep Wrangler for six years and daily drove it. I LOVED it! I only had a couple of problems over the time that I owned it, but nothing major at all (leaking windshield gasket was the biggest issue and took about 30 minutes to fix it myself). At the time, I think I paid $6500 for it in 1991. When I traded it in to the dealership, I got $3500. Not too bad.

I am seriously considering getting a new Jeep. I really don't understand the "bad ride" or "bad in traffic" or "not as a daily driver" statements. It's a Jeep. You are buying it for what it is. It's not going to have a plush ride, it's not going to be quiet, it's not going to accelerate like a car or drive like one for that matter. A Jeep Wrangler is seven times more likely to be taken off road than any other SUV. That's it's purpose. To be able to drive to the mountains and then drive deep into the mountains. It's a state of mind and you make some trade-offs for it.
And yes, there is NOTHING like taking the top and doors off in the summer time and getting caught in the rain. It's so much fun. Winter time is awesome too.
Compared to the Wrangler I had, the new one is so much more refined and nice to live with on a daily basis. Plus, they hold their value better than any other SUV/truck out there. Also better than the vast majority of cars.

In the end, go into it with the knowledge of the "shortcomings" and figure out if they're a deal breaker for you. Go to a Jeep forum and I suspect you'll be getting completely different responses.
Efthreeoh16952.00