CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcrew View Post
Wife and I are planning a road trip in September. Tentatively looking at going north to Calgary, CA and then Canada 1 West to Vancover, Canada. Re-entering US traveling south to Bellingham, WA. Hwy20 to Fidalgo Island to Port Townsend and eventually picking up Hw 101 and then PCH at Leggett California. Then Route 66 back east.

It a long road trip and we would like to do it with out a schedule which means few to no reservations at Vrbo/Hotels etc. September should be a bit slower season I'm thinking. The plan is to drive less than 4 hours or so each day of travel.

Is it feasible to travel Hwy 101 and PCH without reservations?

Also I don't want to put my winter tires on for Canada. Looking at weather averages for Calgary and Banff area it seems like the weather would be fine. But I don't know, anyone with experience driving Canada Hw 1 In September?

I'll post something in a travel forum as well, any travel forums recommended?

Thanks for taking the time to response

Regards
I thought of your post last week as I was driving through the Wyoming Rockies at 8000 feet and facing rain and 56 degree temps in late July. British Columbia mountain passes in September probably ok but I could easily see inclimate weather happening.