View Single Post
      08-14-2021, 10:38 AM   #92
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Depends of Checo's performance in the second half of this season .
True.
I don't think Checo's performance isn't that bad. Silverstone was of course an all time low, but looking at his points, this is still his best season ever I believe.
So at least he drives well within his abilities based on earlier results, and moving to RB was the best decision for him
Doesn't mean that there might be better drivers out there that RB might contract for '22

What is also interesting from wat Marko says, is his remark about oversteer.
Apparently the car is prone to oversteer, and that Max can handle that and that all the second drivers had trouble coping with that.
So that might be the origin of the 'myth' that 2nd drivers in the past were supposedly held back by lack of equipment in the RB team and therefore perform worse.
Maybe they just were not good enough to handle the steering character of the car, or at least not as good as Max is. Oversteer is only a problem when you can't catch it in time.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t