12-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #5513
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Still, the shake would have slipped by if you hadn't mentioned it. It's not noticeable. Very nice shots. At least you didn't have to sit in a blind for hours like Dave sometimes does.
yeah, definitely got lucky today.

I think the shake shows up mostly in the bokeh on the right side, looks like heat waves. But the antlers are showing it ever so slightly too.

We went all the way into the park, checked all the spots where the elk are known to be, saw nothing. Wandered around a little, then got back in the car. On the way out we saw probably 8 deer. Maybe more.

and then after we left the park, we came across the Elk at the side of the road... literally... I have some pictures of that elk with a gas station behind it. People were literally 10' from them (including me)

As for the bird, we actually went to a place in town where they house crippled raptors. So i have a bunch of other hawk pictures and that buzzard.

overall, lots of wildlife. And Colorado, it has lots of cute girls too!!! sadly, hard to point such a big camera at them without them noticing