View Single Post
      01-30-2024, 10:54 AM   #71
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep

Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
They are charging me $1 to drop it off. So they will take it off the original price of the item you are returning.

Here in Cincinnati, OH, you have to go to Staples to be able to return for free. They are slower than shit there. I would much rather pay the $1 for them to scan at UPS and I hand over the item and leave. It's more for convenience and time. But I hate the fact that they decided to nickel and dime their customers. Been meaning to look into it and see if I can get around the $1 charge.
Very interesting.

Where I'm at it's free to drop it off at Kohl's or UPS, but I always go to UPS. I literally just rebox it (I'm in the habit of keeping the shipping box for everything until I know I'm keeping it), print the return page with the scan on it, tape it to the box and drop it off. I don't even wait in line when I drop it off, just lay it on the counter and say "I don't need a receipt" and leave. Hell, I don't even park properly, just pull up out front and throw my flashers on for the 30 seconds I'll be out of the car.

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind paying $1 to return some things that I'm "trying out" to see if they would work for me. In fact, I buy a lot more stuff knowing that I can return it if it doesn't suit my needs perfectly, and I think that's part of their game. No questions asked returns are the future.