View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 08:38 AM   #21
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
I am not going to argue with you. if you want to drain water under your slab, knock yourself out.
ive poured many a footers/slabs over rock so that water can drain out from groundwater/stormwater. We have always put many sump pits under slabs/ below grade for discharge of drains. If it is designed and built properly, and the rock/soil has a moisture barrier or geotech fabric to prevent the soil from eroding away, there arent going to be issues.

now running an active drain straight under the slab, not the best idea. (think sink drain) but water under your slab running through the base course isnt the issue. there are a host of other things that will cause the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidnightNarwhal View Post
I took a second look today and holy shit every time I pull it out it smells so bad.

But it's maybe about 6 inches from the top the liquid and near the top there is a pipe with a capped of end. Not sure what that is.

I guess that would mean there is a drain underneath? If I suck it up with the vacuum you guys would dump that in the street to go into sewer?
dont dump it straight to the street. no idea about the laws where youre at, but most places, it is a fine. That being said, id probably dump it in the street and hose it down.

that pipe could be an inlet pipe that was capped off from another drain, or could be the actual drain connection that for some reason was capped off. Suck out all the liquid from the sump and see if there are other pipes/drains coming in.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?