View Single Post
      08-26-2019, 02:52 PM   #4946
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
I've heard this a couple times in the last few days. A beautiful song.

Tragic. Beautiful voice. She was truly a deeply emotional person.

Side story - origin of the song Rehab:

Ronson expanded on the songwriting process when interviewed by DJ Zane Lowe for the BBC Radio's Radio 1's Stories, in an episode broadcast on BBC Radio 1 on Monday 18 July 2011:

I was walking down the street with Amy. We were in New York and we'd been working together for about a week and we were walking to some store. She wanted to buy a present for her boyfriend and she was telling me about a specific time in her life that was.... I feel bad, like, talking about a friend like this, but I think I've told this story enough times.... but she hit, like, a certain low and her dad came over to try and talk some sense into her. And she was like, "He tried to make me go to rehab and I was like, 'Pfft, no no no.'" And the first thing I was like, "ding ding ding ding ding." Like, I mean I'm supposed to be like, "How was that for you?" and all I'm like is, "We've got to go back to the studio."

I've heard two different versions of this story. One was that the boyfriend at the time told her she needed help and her father told her that she didn't. He of course, was also part of her management team that profited from her fame from being in the news for her drug use. The more exposure she got, the more money they made. The other story was that her dad was truly trying to help her and she refused.
Either way sad....and such a loss of pure talent.