View Single Post
      07-26-2022, 03:48 AM   #403
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW X3

Leclerc has given lots of points away, 78 points so far this year in crashes and reliability retirements, F1 is too close at the top these days to win a title and throw away that many points or not take them from your rivals.

Ferrari are back to their fragile Italian ways, they have the raw speed just the pressure and reliability and tactical errors are letting them down again, has been the same for years now in a post and pre Ross Brawn eras.

As for Merc they are still a mile off but keep scoring points with a solid reliable performance they are second only to McLaren in doing the most laps this season with Ferrari completing the least and RB are slap bang in the middle.

Will be interesting to see what the revised floor regs do for the teams and who is affected. Some have said no impact, but I hear that isn't the case and that some have created so very fancy solutions to meet the current reg that they will have to engineer our at significant cost and potential performance expense but we shall see.

The revised McLaren also seems to be offering some great pace again which is good. Haas still doing well but a big update for the car due in Hungary I hope it goes well for them.

The dud for me is Aston, how the hell can they change the car so much and still perform so badly, they are a mess and I'm not a fan of Stroll (owner) so that's fine by me.

Although many teams go on an enforced 'break' over the summer I expect lots of tweaked and changed cars when racing returns, can't wait its been a great season so far with some genuinely close racing at times.
NYG10833.50