06-03-2016, 12:59 PM   #40
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
After breaking pretty much every pair of headphones while DJing, I reluctantly pony'd up for Beats Pros. Their aluminum construction is robust enough to finally get more than a few months out of my "work cans."

I have a pair of BOSE QC25 I use for only while traveling. They are very comfortable, and the active noise cancellation definitely reduces the fatigue of flying.

My most-used headphones are BOSE's SoundLink Bluetooth headphones. I use them every time I wash my car, or just want to listen privately around my home. Having no cord, AppleTalk, and dual-iPhone integration are pluses I really value.

I would definitely recommend Grado as the best bang for the buck but their open back and relatively delicate diaphragms just don't fit my usage pattern.

For the record I did a little shootout between my BOSE QC25 ($300) and Beats Pro ($400). The BEATS Pro played louder and is more substantial sounding. BOSE wins in comfort and accuracy between these two.

I can't stand my prescription Ultimate Ears in-ear monitors. Feels like what I imagine an anal plug feels like. They might sound good but are way too uncomfortable.

Just my $0.02.