View Single Post
      09-24-2022, 06:24 AM   #52
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep

Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Living in California for most of my life I have grown accustom to this and feel no ill will towards it. I actually actively look for bikers and move to the side a bit to let the Rider know I see them and they are welcome to pass me if they need to. I never try to squeeze them out at a light because I was told that most bikes don't have fans behind the radiator and need to be moving to get fresh air. Either way, we don't own the road and it's up to all of us to be vigilant.

Question to Bike riders: If I'm in the left, fast lane, would it be better if I hug the Left or the Right side of the lane to let you pass?
Thank you for creating the space for filtering riders. It's appreciated more that you can know.
To answer your question, if you're driving in the far left/fast lane, it's preferred you make the space on the inside of the lane, so the bike can pass between you and the lane on your right.
This avoids the biker passing on your left, possible drifting into the shoulder, kicking up road debris or losing traction.
As you drift slightly to the left in the far left lane, you're creating plenty of space for the bike to fit between you and the car on your right, and if done well, your left side tires will never pass into the shoulder, avoiding road debris, as well.