Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidkaos View Post
@DC. Damn. That's a good shot. I don't disagree, that iPhone has a good camera on it. I just prefer the versatility and dynamic range of raw shooting. I do, quite literally, take my S95 where ever I go. That may be in most part due to the fact that I still have a Razor as my phone, and it's barely fit to take a picture of anything at all, let alone a picture of any quality.
Thanks.

My thinking was exactly like yours, but I thought, "Maybe the 4S will be good enough for those times I can't have a camera with me." I'd owned a G7 and a G9 and was thinking about a G12, but that's still a camera that I wouldn't keep on my person 100% of the time. I decided to give the 4S a serious try and I'm pleased with the results so far.

Camera+ gives me some latitude to deal with tough light and less than ideal circumstances. Who knows, maybe I'll be tempted to clamp it to my big tripod/ballhead rig, but the main intent is to have an acceptable camera with me at all times.

I'll keep the group posted. So far, I haven't run across a photo-op where I needed it, but it's only been two-weeks.

Dave