View Single Post
      12-09-2018, 09:23 PM   #73
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

We all should come back to this post in 5 years time. Maybe then this amazing car will be given the credit it deserves.
People are usually put off by what they read and they skip such amazing driving experiences and cars that are truly epic. I write from personal experience. I am the crazy guy that went from an F10 M5 (bought new with 4 year warranty) after 2 and 1/2 years of issue-free ownership to a 6 year old E60 M5 with 70.000 km on the clock. All I can say is I never looked back and I wish I had got one in the first place.
The E60 M5 is one of the most special cars I've ever driven, and mine is an SMG. I read everything there was to read, I watched every video, I read every post about the endless issues that these cars have. It is a supercar, what did people expect?
Truth is my car is now on 103.000 km, I have driven it countless times over 335 km/h (once to 339 km/h and I lifted) and so far the issues with my car were: one spark plug cable failed, the driver's seat lower leg extension and one light panel on a tail light. I did change the clutch which was original but that's routine.
The point is if you treat them right and if you understand the mechanics and engineering these cars are nothing but epic. The F10 was a great car, but the E60 is one of a kind. There will never be anything like it. Even the SMG that gets so much criticism contributes to the driving experience... revving it to 8.000 RPM and then hitting the next gear and feeling that kick... the howl of that engine... it does feel like a supercar all the time. I plan on keeping my E60 for life, I even consider adding another one to the fleet.
I should add that I'm one of those die-hard purists fighting the end of manual gearboxes, but the E60 M5 has to be SMG.
Considering my other cars are a 911 C4S 996, an Impreza WRX STI, a 430 Scuderia, a 458 Speciale and a 1M (and a few more which are irrelevant), all of them mint, perfect spec cars, last year of production and low miles. I want to keep all of them, but if I ever get to a point where I have to let go, the last ones to go would be the Ferraris and the M5. That's how good it is.
I nicknamed it Harambe! What else? You can check some pictures of it on my Instagram, although I don't post much... @djesusgod
Get one!