Vervain
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrealm3 View Post
What's so frustrating is that these aren't even the individual "more expensive" colors we're talking about. I'm no expert on how the bmw assembly line works, but the fact they can't/won't dial up midnight blue instead of estoril when an M-Sport model rolls through the paint booth seems asinine. It's the most expensive line available...the customer should be able to choose from any standard paint color available. I can see reasoning in limiting choices on dealer-stocked vehicles to keep sales managers from ordering combos that BMW NA doesn't want out on the showroom floor, but custom-orders from customers with down payments doesn't seem very logical...The only thing that can come from it seems like lost revenue/profit in the form of less M-Sport orders, and in some cases losing customers entirely to more accommodating brands.
Yeah it is extremely frustrating being limited by colour choice for the M-sport. I also don't understand it and never will.
Did you see the extensive colour options that Audi offers? You can choose any hue of any colour and the price is not so bad. Just saying.
Appreciate 0