Rep

Drives: 24 M4 Comp RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchJR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboard View Post
anyone care to comment on the BMW shops in Daytona and Ft Pierce Fl ??

Thanx
I can't comment on Fields Daytona. However, my last few have come from Coggin BMW in Ft. Pierce and they are a good store. I know the manger and he is solid and a straight-shooter.

To all of my South Florida forum friends (and Ibiza too) how in the hell is Braman WPB on this list twice? That place is a joke and no one in their right mind buys there.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by starboard View Post
anyone care to comment on the BMW shops in Daytona and Ft Pierce Fl ??

Thanx
I can't comment on Fields Daytona. However, my last few have come from Coggin BMW in Ft. Pierce and they are a good store. I know the manger and he is solid and a straight-shooter.

To all of my South Florida forum friends (and Ibiza too) how in the hell is Braman WPB on this list twice? That place is a joke and no one in their right mind buys there.....
I can only comment on Fields BMW in Tampa where I've leased three BMWs. I tend to search dealer inventory around the state, then negotiate over the phone and travel to pick up the car. Fields Tampa happens to have had cars I stocked equipped as I liked, is only one hour from my home, and each time made the process very easy. Last time Mrs. Fields called to personally thank me and sent a generous gift to a great Tampa restaurant. Little things like that make a routine transaction memorable.

Braman on the other hand. . . Never have I seen sales staff with such an aura of superiority! I thought the higher volume east coast dealers might have better pricing. They comically tried to sell me on the "prestige" of having a Braman license plate bracket on my car like it was something other people and valets would acknowledge.
Your experience is typical for Braman. I actually know the GSM and a few of the sales people and like them. The problem is that, unless you deal with the right people, the sales staff is just like you described and they are actually instructed to sell the "Braman Experience" and membership in "Club Braman" which is a bunch of BS to justify their high prices. They actually think having the Braman name on a license plate frame means something and if someone is stupid enough to buy that line of BS then they deserve to get ripped off. I used to buy from them (and tell them to keep the crappy license plate bracket) because they would give me good deals. After a while, they started giving me good deals and then complaining about it. I'm like, "if you don't want to do it then don't. I'll go elsewhere." "Just because your store is geographically closest to me doesn't mean I have to buy from you." After a couple of deals like that, I started buying from Adrian at Gwinnett BMW, Coggin BMW, Pines BMW and other out of area stores. Like RickFLM4, I live close to Braman and avoid them like the plague.
ArchJR204.50