View Single Post
      08-09-2021, 06:52 AM   #2
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep

Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole1186 View Post
... The car was basically shaking when hitting high speeds and was wobbling all over the road. Not to mention all the road noises. You can really hear the wind blowing over the car.. it literally sounded like a window was open when going 100mph+.
Do a Google search on "Tesla quality control". The car probably needs a proper alignment, panels fitted and windows adjusted.

Quote:
I won't even mention the interior aside that it was very futuristic but felt tacky. I expect the model S plaid to be leaps and bounds superior in that department.
I've driven both, although not in plaid, and the S is a heavier, more stable and a bit more comfortable. But the interior is still sub-par for what the car costs, and especially against what we are all used to with our BMWs.

Quote:
Also, seeing that my new g80 xdrive will have the same 0-60 time does that mean it's going to have the same acceleration feel as the Tesla?
No. The G80 will scream and have fabulous intake and exhaust noises, and the shifts will be noticeable if you put it in sport mode. The Tesla is a silent rollercoaster that just pushes you back in the seat and keeps you there.

The performance of the Teslas is quite impressive, but I suspect that most of us "car guys" and "car gals" will find it lacking. For me, it was the lack of interior quality, the range anxiety and that stupid distracting iPad in the middle of the dash that has kept me away.

And the build quality, or lack thereof. And those ugly wheels.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Germanauto9701.00