View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 12:27 PM   #10
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep

Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
5-9 year old Honda or Toyota. Should hold its value pretty well for resale and unlikely to have major repairs.

As mentioned above, be sure it has good tires and can pass inspection in the state you live in, including emissions if you are in an urban area.

Test the AC - in Arizona that is probably the most important feature. Older cars might be starting to lose AC effectiveness. My guess is that a lot of Arizonans get rid of cars that are losing their AC punch. AC is expensive to repair.

Lots of cars to choose from in different sizes and models. It should be fun to shop if you can narrow down what you want! Honda CRV is a great car, Toyota Highlander also, Subaru’s might be a good used car also.

If you want cheap, buy a used American badged car or truck and cross your fingers. I’d recommend Ford, such as the escape. Very nice mid-sized SUV. Most should be good at 5-8 years old and you can probably get more for your money in terms of luxury and power, if that is what you want. Resale might be more of a hit tho.
Barathon579.00