View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 02:00 PM   #32
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep

Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanayoda View Post
I had a 2018 S5 for 4 months (before I took a bath by trading it in)
Thank you for that comment. I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, but happy to read that I'm not the only one that takes a financial proctological exam in order to get out of a car that just doesn't do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
The Voice recognition system is WORTHLESS.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccoleman View Post
I have dynamic steering in my 2018 S5 I would also prefer that it was a little heavier.
I had to turn off all of that dynamic crap in my Audis. I don't want steering or throttle or anything else to change on the car's whim.

So... I've had two, the previous generation S5 (the one with the V8 and a proper manual transmission). It was really a nice looking car, and drove great, but nothing as interesting or fun as a BMW M car, or Porsche. I didn't like the clutch, and even with the sport differential, handling could have been better. I bought it used and didn't lose too much on it, and had no issues with it for nearly a year.

The second was a brand new, special ordered, A6, the previous gen, and it was a decent DD car, quiet and comfy, stodgy looking and no sport diff is available on a non-S so it understeered like a pig. It also had numerous little annoying electrical issues like the MMI constantly crashing and rebooting, the gas filler door sometimes not unlocking and the car occasionally ignoring the fob and not starting. My local dealer is useless and didn't even attempt to fix anything, so I got rid of it.

I would like an A8 when it's time to get rid of my 7, but my experience with the service department was so bad, I might get a Lexus instead. Sad.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)