View Single Post
      06-04-2019, 02:41 PM   #11
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep

Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
After years of fussing with paint on my cars, I went with both PPF and ceramic coating when we bought the Jeep. Being black and high up, I thought it would attract a lot of bugs, rocks, road grime, etc. And if the paint got chipped, it would be a lot easier to see on a black vehicle than something lighter colored. So I bit the bullet and had the front end (bumper, hood, fenders, and mirror caps) covered with Xpel and Modesta ceramic coating.

I've had the vehicle 4 months since the protective coatings were installed and it's been great. Everything just comes off with water and i haven't noted any issues with chips/nicks on the front end. To note, supposedly Xpel also has self-healing properties, which is nice as well for any small spots that could be damaged by something nasty hitting the front. I find that the ceramic provides a little protection against light scratches from washing it as well. Black is definitely a huge pain to maintain and it's still not easy now, but it's definitely easier.
XPEL343.00