Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
Wrap would be the way to go. If you like the currently color then I would just do ceramic coating, helps with small scratches and such, also protects the clear coat. I saw the xpel at a booth and couldn't believe how much it seemed to attract dust and the price was nuts.
This is actually a false narrative. Ceramic coating does not help with scratches in any way whatsoever and it does not protect the clear coat any more than a $5 bottle of wax from the auto parts store does.

The main and really only benefit of ceramic coating is to eliminate the need for waxing your car - it is essentially a semi-permanent wax. It does not provide any protection against scratches or paint wear.

The only effective treatment at reducing scratches or rock chips is a PPF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Thanks! Why is resale value impacted with a quality paint respray? Better than original paint in used condition? I don't typically have garage queens.
It shouldn't impact the value, but it does, and usually by a significant amount. The unfortunate reality is that as soon as someone sees a repaint, they automatically assume it was in an accident. In addition, a decent eye can spot a repaint, no matter how good, in seconds.

Personally, I think a quality respray of a bumper that was impacted by rock chips is a plus and makes an older car look nice and fresh, but the reality is that most consumers don't feel the same way.