View Single Post
      05-31-2019, 11:34 AM   #36
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i

Wow, so much great info in here. I would definitely take several courses, I'm not the impulsive type, pretty clinical in my approach to life (thanks ocd). So many great suggestions here that I may actually be more confused than before, but some of these bikes look like great option.

I'm an athletically built 6'1 (175lbs) so sounds like these smaller bikes might not be the best option. I love the look of these naked bikes, the FZ-07 is sharp.

I'm going to take a licensing class this summer and see how I feel after that. I'd take a more advanced course before purchasing a bike.

Funny story, I went to Berts Mega Mall to get some info on pricing and styles, the salesperson (who's last name is ironically "Cage") still tried selling me a bike after I told him I'm unlicensed. I reminded him of that fact, his response "You need a license to ride, but not a license to buy!". Pretty great salesperson, maybe not the best regular person.

At this point it's really down to leaving a job that I absolutely love or getting a 2 wheeler. As stated, there are plenty of streets I can ride home and still save about 30 min I'd guess, I wouldn't be on the freeway lane splitting for a long time. Part of me wants to start on a 125cc scooter and take the streets for a few months to get used to handling something on two wheels.
clee1982797.50