04-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #40
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Lol, we're talking here about storing a car on a 2 post.
And you talk about 10 weeks in total on a 12 year old car?
12 years is 624 weeks. In that scope how is 10 weeks prolonghed time?
and stints over 10 days? We're talking about completely different time spans.
I was talking about months on end and said a few weeks is ok.
Do you think a 10 day stint falls in the catagory months on end or a few weeks?

With storing a car on a 2 post, I mean that it sits 10 months/year or so on a 2 post, the vast majority of the time, using it as an extra indoor parking space like the TS intends. Like the time a garage queen sits in the garage.
So that is say over 50 times as long or so as the time you're talking about.
You still think thats ok for the suspension of a car?

Sure. But how many vertically located suspension bushings does your bmw have compared to horizontally located bushings?
It's certainly not the majority Or do you think otherwise? Shall we do a count on your z4?

And does it matter? If 1 busing fails because of improper storage, I'd say thats already 1 too many dont you think?
This is the point of the argument. If it stresses the bushings to leave them torqued with the suspension unloaded, then time is additive on the bushing; it's not like they magically recover once reloaded. Meaning, leaving the suspension unloaded is within the arc of movement of the bushings are designed for.

I'm not going to argue the point of storing garage queens; I don't see the point of having one. Speaking of the Z4, it needs brakes, which I'm heading out to replace. I'll have to work quick to prevent bushing damage . I'll count up the verticals too...
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 04-28-2019 at 08:53 AM..