View Single Post
      04-28-2019, 07:38 AM   #33
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I mean that I've been working on cars for over 40 years. Before the internet, one had to buy a service manual either published by the manufacturer or an aftermarket publisher such as Bentley, Haynes, Chilton's, just to name three. I can't not recall any repair manual I've used making caution statements in the general information section regarding the length of time one can or should leave a car off its suspension.
Well, I cant claim that I've been repairing cars for 40 years, as I'm not that old, but I have since the mid 90's, so I guess thats 25 years.
Where did I say that repair manuals made caution statements about the lenght of time one can leave a car off its suspension?
I said that they show lots of time to fit a bushing under pretension/torqued with the wheels on the ground.
Ever wondered why?

Quote:
Regarding 2-post and 4-post lifts, you stated that putting a car on a 4-post lift is easier and faster, and I simply disagree. My asymmetrical Rotary lift comes with a floor plate used to locate the car relative to the lift. I can have any of my automobiles lifted to full height in about a minute and a half for simple maintenance items, like an oil change.
Ok, we can disagree on that. But when did you ever see for example a MOT station where the inspection was done on 2 posts?
Exactly, the all use 4 posts.
Because its faster. Easier. You do it in 1,5 minutes. With a 4 post or scissor, you simply drive on. Thats it, and thats simply faster than your 1,5 minutes or how fast you think it is.

I also have an asymetric 2 post, and for getting it quick in the air it's just not as good/convenient. But a 2 post has lots of other advantages.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 04-28-2019 at 07:43 AM..