04-28-2019, 07:28 AM   #32
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick View Post
Please explain floor plate and how it helps jacking up the car relatively quicker?

4 post even if it's 220V, still is slower than the 2 post to go up and own. Lifting aluminum j, positioning them for taking the car off and then putting them back do take some time.

2 post, if you know the lifting points, may be few minutes quicker but then you have to bend over and position the arms before lifting the vehicle.

I can tell you this though, I have 5 car garage on the main floor and an another garage in the basement and I would rather do another driveway to the basement ($4000-$6000) than getting another 4 post ($3500-$4000).
My lift is asymmetrical, which means the columns are turned about 30 deg. towards the rear of the vehicle. This places the center of gravity rear of the cross-centerline between the posts. The positioning plate is necessary to place the car in alignment with the shifted center of gravity, so for my lift, there are three (3) positions based on wheelbase length. 106" is the baseline, which places the left front wheel on the center of the plate, less that 106" places the left front wheel behind the plate; longer than 106" places the left front wheel ahead of the plate. The plate has a ridge on each end to feel as the tire bumps up to it or over it. You can see it in this pic.

Your lift is symmetrical, which doesn't require a locating plate as long as the vehicle is pretty much on the centerline (longitudinal) of the columns. I also didn't want to mention that most 4-post lifts are much slower to rise than a 2 post lift because the Bend Pack brand 4-posters are 45 seconds rise. Newer lifts from Bend Pack and Rotary have lift rise speeds of around 30 seconds now. My lift is 45 second, but it is a 2004 model.
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 04-28-2019 at 07:41 AM..