View Single Post
      03-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

First, something I no longer have, and I loved, and I miss in my 1er. The way my X5 used to fold its mirrors in when I locked the car. I loved that.

A lot of the little things i love are things that I've had to code in, but the fact that I could code them in are thanks to BMW.
  • Seatbelt chimes have been turned off, so I can throw a heavy bag on the passenger seat and drive away without being punished for it.
  • My BMW has a digital speed readout that shows my ACTUAL SPEED. not some fictional number anywhere up to 10% higher than my real speed.
  • Cruise control keeps my speed within about 1km/h of the set speed.
  • The paddles on the steering wheel instantly shift my gears, without waiting two seconds or second-guessing my input.
  • The passenger side rear mirror tilts down when I put the car in reverse.
  • I can open the roof with a momentary push of the button in the cabin, or while I'm approaching the car with a triple-click of the keys
  • The roof will operate while the car is travelling at slow speed (many have to be totally stationary)
  • I can leave the headlights in 'auto' all the time, and they turn off when I lock the car.
  • Traction control automatically sets to 'minimal intervention' mode when I start the car, and it actually cuts in when I want it to (not every time I press the go pedal)
  • The exhaust burbles sound wonderful on a 's mode' downshift.
  • It's small enough that it's not an absolute ordeal to wash it. (I can be done with a quick clean in about 15 minutes)
  • It's massively overpowered. I never feel like a rabbit in headlights after pulling into traffic waiting for the engine to provide the acceleration my 'right foot through the floor' is requesting.
  • I can tune the ECU and Auto Trans using an android mobile phone. The car has full functionality with an aftermarket tune... none of this 'forking out $4k for a Motec then living without half the dashboard functions" crap.