02-15-2017, 11:24 AM   #106
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra93 View Post
^The weight from the brochure sounds good, but it needs more power IMO. I wouldn't mind the N55 from the M2 for a $50k base model.
Right there with you, but rumors aside, the base Supra was never going to come with a six-potter. Not in this day and age, not to keep the price points competitive, and not to stay sufficiently distanced from the Z5.

Particularly if BMW engines will be used in the Supra in any model (still a very real possibility), the latter will be a huge, huge priority for both companies -- particularly starting in 2019, when the Supra 'vert and Z5 coupe should both become available. There's got to be significant price differences between the two -- probably close to five figures -- to keep each in its own niche. My bet is that Supras will be modeled closer to the 86 in terms of performance (relatively low power, light weight, tech), while the Z5 will be modeled closer to the F-Type, M-B SL, and higher Boxster/Cayman trims (more power, heavier, significantly more luxurious).
supra932480.00