Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
You do realise that BMW as well as Mercedes-Benz and Audi in Europe are just car companies, albeit Premium but we offer basic specification or in America's case economy specification on the best selling BMWs. I think the Compact Sedan is very much about taking risks its a car that travels furtherest from its initial BMW comfort zone specifically for BMWs no 1 market for sales China.
It has a definite market target and demographic, its youthful, yet sporty and fits in well with the other BMW sedans in the portfolio.
I think forums like this are split amongst those of us who yearn for the 'old school' BMW and those who have bought X model SUVs and modern F series cars who don't mind the idea of 'modern' BMWs.

I have not seen BMW step out of their comfort zone at all, actually. Maybe the i3 and i8 are the closest things to stepping out of their comfort zone. I mean the i3 is RWD, and futuristic as hell. I don't think a UKL platform FWD sedan is in any way taking a 'risk'. If anything BMW are simply following what Audi and Mercedes have done. Since when did BMW follow everyone else?? They used to never do that. At all!!!

I think BMW thought that if Mercedes can go FWD, we can too......it's a "me too!!!!" syndrome. Pretty sad...