11-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #84
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxp View Post
What are you talking about? The 911 GT3 stickers at roughly the same price as the ZR-1. 911 Turbo is in the same ballpark.

Aside from that, I don't see how that answers my question. The purpose of buying these cars is that they cost a lot? I would venture the average owner of a new ZR-1 or Z06 is in a pretty high tax bracket themselves. Do you think there aren't C6 vette owners out there who don't also have Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc?
As a side note: check out the pic next to my name on the left. I'm standing next to a happy Corvette owner in front of his then Lamborghini Diablo. Yes, it's Mario Andretti. He has a 2001 Z06 and prior to that he owned a 1994 C4 vert. He doesn't usually keep cars that long, but he LOVED his C4 and put over 15K miles on it. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to many of us, but for Mario, that's quite a lot. He usually keeps his cars about 2-3 year. I asked him if he had any criticisms of the Corvette and he won't say anything bad about any car. He said that the manufacturers all do a fantastic job. He also went on to say that the Corvette is well worth it's price vs. the exotics.
His tax bracket is WAY beyond mine. He gets $20K for a personal appearance.