06-28-2019, 11:26 AM   #814
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Up 2 lbs in 3 days I'm gonna have to take some turbo lax.
It's just your body adjusting to the new diet. If you were only ensuring you were hitting your protein and letting everything else fall where it did before...it's more than likely mostly water as you probably have increased your carbs.

Most people I have dealt with in the past did it differently than what you were doing. They guessed at everything and usually when that happens they are eating more carbs and fat than what they think, and under-eating protein. And if trying to gain weight they aren't typically hitting total calorie goals at all.

It's a lot harder to eat a certain amount of protein for a lot of people as it is more "filling". You have to chew a lot more to get 1 - 1.5 grams per pounds of BW a day and you get full more quickly and stay feeling that way for longer.

That's why most people your size have to revert to supplements....or else you would be eating constantly just to hit your requirements!

I grew out of eating the typical 6 meals a day years ago. Now I eat maybe 4. But that's still 60 -70 grams of protein per meal not including your other macros. I feel better eating 30-40 grams at a serving and supplementing the rest!