View Single Post
      06-14-2019, 11:09 AM   #795
The Chaddening
Major General
Rep

Drives: Bicycle - reducing carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I always find that taking 2-3 months out of the year, putting a cap on my max weights, and working on volume progression (increasing reps, lowering rest times, etc) really seems to motivate me and renew my "vigor" for this sport.

Besides giving the joints a break, your body actually responds to the difference and you still make progress.

Unfortunately, I developed bronchitis and an ear infection last Saturday after dodging everyone at work who had been dropping like flies. So I haven't been to the gym in almost 6 days. It's killing me.

But as evident by the time of this post, I'm also haven't been sleeping the last few nights. I've spent it up watching TV and reading just trying to control the cough. I rarely get sick.....and guys this shit hit me like a train.

I was just getting full swing into my diet, starting to see some nice changes, and this happens. Now I feel "soft", and I look in the mirror and feel like I'm wasting away because I have no appetite.

I can't wait to get back at it!
Yeah I’m in one of those 2-3 month phases myself. Squatting, deadlifting, everything is staying under 75-80% 1RM and just going for high rep sets 8-12. All about longevity.

Best of luck with the bronchitis, that SUCKS.
Rmtt8206.00