View Single Post
      04-19-2021, 08:53 PM   #5
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Would like to get some of your thoughts on the Giulia if you have experienced the car and/or dealerships. Test drove one recently and really loved how the car drove, just excellent. Beautiful car too and just the right size. The interior is not screwed together as well as competitors but its not a deal-killer.

However what left a bad taste in my mouth was the dealership/sales experience. The dealership was falling apart, salesman (who I booked an appt with) was dressed sloppy and immediately started pushing me to talk numbers before letting me drive the car which I found to be disrespectful. I don't think this company understands how to sell cars to people accustomed to BMW, Audi, Porsche, Lexus, etc. And knowing Alfa's reliability reputation, I'm worried that even during the course of a 2-3 year lease that the thing will have issues and I'll be driving a Fiat as a loaner.

What I really want is an M2C but at this stage of life I'm not quite ready to spend that type of money on a car. A Giulia lease could be a nice stop-gap. Would appreciate any input. I love the product, but the inherent baggage that goes along with Alfa Romeo and formerly FCA/now Stellantis is off-putting. Am I worrying too much?
If you are after the Giulia 4-banger, it was a great driving car but felt under-powered compared to a 6-pot. Car handles great on track and was impressed. You would be giving up some reliability for the great drive since its not going to be as reliable as a bimmer.
Germanauto9702.50