03-17-2018, 09:10 AM   #16
e92_bryan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: ‘11 e92 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Not entirely, I disagree... if someone pays a premium for a car that is supposed to stand for motorsports, it is rather disappointing when all of the cars that cost half price and are everywhere are driving around with the same badges. BMW did it for sales and it worked well, however for the enthusiast or who doesn't want a car like absolutely every other, its very off puting and may alienate them from the brand... remember this used to be done by ricers only... now suddenly bmw does it and its completely OK.

True some cars might perform just as good if not better than some bmw cars
Thats if you only care about performance though
Could 5.0 mustang, kia stinger, v8 camaro, or v6 accord beat a 335 or equivalent in a straight line or around some corners? Probably but I also don’t want shiity plastics, more road noise, etc...
Bmw still has a premium over other cars because it had wuality interiors and other features
Is it the best car ever? No
But I rather pay a premium for 335 than for a kia stinger which at the end of the day is still a kia
As for badging cars, I don’t believe the premium is much of a difference in bmw when comparing it to mercedes