View Single Post
      03-18-2023, 02:03 PM   #277
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: ///M235i

I still have mine as well (since inception) but been wondering if I should cancel one of the following as they overlap a bit:
- Amex Platinum ($695 AF)
- Amex Gold ($250 AF)- 4x points on groceries and dining out
- Chase Reserve ($550 AF) - 3x dining out and travel; $300 travel credit
- Capital One Venture X ($395 AF)- 2x points on everything; $300 travel credit booked through their travel portal; 10,000 bonus points every year worth $100 (or more if transferred to partners)

The Capital One VX card is very straightforward, and one of the major benefits is no cap on how many people you can bring into a lounge! Amex and Chase have a limit of 2 guests. The VX card is essentially a net $0 AF with similar benefits to Chase Reserve. Btw, if anyone would like to apply for one please lmk. Would love to send a referral link.

I feel like if anything, the Chase Reserve is probably the one to be axed. Its main benefit is dining out and travel which can be covered by Amex Gold at 4x and VX at 2x. That balances out to 3x which is the same. As for the Platinum card, I’ll probably keep it another year and see what I want to do the the points. It does offered good benefits but does take a lot of work to utilize those benefits. I like Amex customer service too.

Last edited by BMW F22; 03-18-2023 at 02:08 PM..