03-09-2023, 07:45 PM   #84
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
i think a wrangler gets a lot of hate because its super culty like tesla... except Tesla actually offers an onroad driving experience whereas a Jeep wrangler offers none lol... loud ass tire roar with a soft suspension
Nobody buys a Wrangler for smooth sailing down the road. However, I hear ya about the tire noise but my Sahara is on stock wheels/tires so it’s not as bad as the aftermarket setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I think it's more of a lifestyle brand for wrangler. Same goes for stuff like subaru. You drive a subaru or a wrangler because you're about that life, not because it's a great car.

Even utility wise I don't see the benefit of a wrangler over an actual pickup truck. A truck can haul more, tow more and overall be a more modern/better vehicle. So really the only reason to buy a jeep is you're about that "lifestyle" or maybe in some edge cases of real off roading rock climbing stuff (don't know anything about that, but I think they are popular in that group).

I've never owned one, but have been in a few that family members have owned and I think they can look cool, but that's about it for me.
A pickup truck wouldn’t work for our lifestyle as we have 3 dogs and eight (8) hedgehogs and a 16 year old son we bring with us camping, along with his GF at times. Plus, removing the doors/hardtop while taking a cruise on Daytona Beach isn’t that bad.