03-06-2023, 02:04 PM   #67
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
The numerous bugs in the LCI X7 are a little scary, I had one as a loaner and the drastic changes from cutting buttons and moving them to iDrive, appearance & lost options/complications, and maybe the biggest one THERE IS NO MORE SHIFTER its a toggle button lol. My wife already hates our X7 because you can not manually input an address, the video turns are weird. But unfortunately its still the best full 3 row SUV...

It's a similar thing with almost all cars, the changes from cost cutting, follow the next guy to zero originality, and forcing all the unneeded tech, has turned me off from practically all cars. I like advancement and updates but I do not want expensive complicated stuff, like that multi function tailgate on GM trucks. Why?!?! it costs more and is useless 99.99% of the time, but they think its buzz cool enough to get attention and sales.
Yeah the bugs were all software related... they've since been sorted out with OTA updates. I guess that's the good thing about software related issues - they usually just go away with updates. I was also hit with a bunch of bugs in the first month of ownership, but since then I've had 5k trouble free miles.

I'm a little confused about not being able to manually input an address - you should be able to. I know I've done it on occasion if it's an obscure sounding street name that the voice recognition isn't able to pick up on, but generally the voice recognition is very good. As for the video turns, are you talking about the augmented reality? Those can be turned off in the settings.

All this being said I totally get your point. Some of the "advancements" definitely feel forced (like the augmented reality... I think AR has amazing potential, but the way it's integrated into the X7 makes it kind of useless).

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima