View Single Post
      07-02-2023, 10:31 PM   #36
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_NSX View Post
to be fair, an MYP and M3P are completely different cars when it comes to handling and feel...the 3 is on rails compared to the Y...the M3P is faster around a short track than most modern day Porsches including my 718, even the 4.0 GTS and many other very respected sports cars and sport sedans... To me the abaility to embarass the guy in his Hemi 392 Hellcat that tries to test you never ever ever gets old happened today as a matter of fact and it is a kick hearing that monstrous V8 fade as it quickly falls behind my soulless silent assassin ...
It might not "have a soul" but it sure likes to take a few souls now and then

Still love my slow 6MT 718 for that analog nostalgia, but the M3P has ruined my sense of what a car is supposed to do when you hit the accelerator and is an absolute joy to drive on a daily basis
They're not the same, which is why I mentioned I've driven an M3P enough to know what it's capable of. What you keep getting hung up on are these 0-60 times and how fast it can lap a "short track". No one is debating those data points. Those figures are undisputed. But at the end of the day, people still don't care how lightning quick these Teslas are. It's just like the Corvette Z06. It's always punched well above its weight from a pricing standpoint, as far back as the 90s, running down supercars. Still a hard pass for me and I know I'm not alone.