United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Nissan Versa S  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
I know this topic has been thrown out there, but I have a few other point I would like clarification on...looking for constructive opinions here...so here goes:

First, let me say that I am very happy with my 2018 M2 with the exception of one thing and that is the 3K drone. It's bad. Real bad. Driving on the highway at cruising speed is all but impossible due to the drone. This is my own fault as I have modified the car with MPE and FS Sportcat - this combo really amplifies the cars exhaust note, but also amplifies the drone- and yes, I have already coded out ASD...so let's not go down that road. I was not looking to make the switch to the M2C, not because I didn't think the M2C was going to be an arguably "better" car than the LCI M2 - let's face it, for only a few thousand more MSRP, you are getting quite an upgrade - engine, seats, mirrors, CF brace. The car is a great deal here in Canada. Priced at CAD $72K - this is cheaper than the US MSRP price of $59K by almost USD $4K if you convert at current FX rate. I just wasn't looking to make the change...then I got this email from my SA:

Morning XXX,
Just wondering, if its possible to get you a production spot for the M2C, say August, September, October, would you be interested in getting one?
Also, would a M4CS or M5C be of interest to you?
Thanks,
BMW SA

I went into the dealership yesterday to speak to my SA and he confirmed that the dealership has one early allocation that they are holding to offer to an existing customer over the people they have on the list already - I'm not opening this up the whether I agree to this being "right or wrong", but these are the facts as they stand.

For my current M2, these are the aftermarket
parts that are installed, and thus need to be uninstalled:

Can't transfer from LCI to M2C:
- Wagner FMIC
- FTP Charge/Boost pipes
- Pure Turbo Inlet
- Vorsteiner Front splitter
- Eventuri custom painted CF Engine cover
- Eventuri CF Intake
- Parking sensor toggle switch
- MPE
- Fabspeed Sportcat DP
- IND Red Start Stop Button (M2C already has stock)
- BM3 93 Oct Stg 2 Tune for N55

Can transfer from LCI to M2C
- IND LBB Side Markers
- IND LBB Front Reflector delete
- IND LBB Rear Reflector delete
- IND M Perf Dry CF Steering Wheel insert w/custom painted LBB Trim
- IND M Perf Dry CF Shifter/Alcantara boot
- IND M Perf Dry CF EBrake/Alcantara boot
- OEM CF Side Winglets
- AWRON Vent guage w/o exhaust flap control
- 19" Vorsteiner VVF- 107s in Matte Carbon w/ MP4S in 255/275
- BimmerCode Coding

Not 100% sure if I can transfer (anyone know/confirm if these parts will transfer over)
- Ohlins R&T Coilovers - M2 specific version
- M Perf CF Rear Difusor
- M Perf CF Rear Deck Spoiler

I figure it is about $3K to have the car set back to stock as I can't do all the work myself. Also would cost about $5K additional over MSRP (loss on trade in of LCI)

I figure I can sell all the M2 specific parts above to cover off most of the transfer costs.

Those who have hung in there and read this whole post I appreciate it as I am really on the fence here and just looking to get some of your thoughts...so let 'em rip.

thx.
I personally dont have the level of disposable income to justify trading in an almost new BMW for a slightly newer one. that being said I think that the m2 comp is a great deal of upgrades. and since you seem to be pretty mod friendly, the performance available from the s55 completely eclipses the n55. the twin turbo setup can make ALOT of power on s55.

tldr: itll be expensive, but of your going to modify it, the m2c should have more modding potential than an m2 n55.
Appreciate 3
F87_LCI1787.00
AndrewC198910932.50