10-22-2021, 01:28 PM   #32
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
She is wearing socks, leggins and light sweater but her hands for example, are absolutely frozen solid. I'm literally in shorts and a t-shirt.

Thing is, in summer the roles reverse. I am 100pc fine but the moment the house passes say 75 degrees she is absolutely dying and has to turn the air on.

Some of this is cultural I think, I grew up without heat or air, she grew up with both, so maybe I am just used to regulating. It's hilarious when we stay at my aunts house back home, it was 44 degrees (what's that, nudging 110?) and they do nit runt he aircon until bed time cos "it's fine unless you're trying to sleep".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Because she wants it on when it is still fine in the house (around 72) and she turns it into a sauna. So i open a window to stop suffocating and now I am paying to heat a house that is letting cold air in.
Well you can't have it both ways. Either you are a body temp regulating boss (in which case just let her raise the temp) or you are just as bad as your wife. Sounds to me like you both have your own temp ranges you are comfortable at and it just happens they don't coincide.

The only other option I see is space heater for where she hangs out.
Th3Walrus340.50