View Single Post
      11-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #118
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Uh, just let it go man. The Z06 is an awesome car. It produces 505HP (600HP+ with simple header and tune work), and it can smoke Ferraris all day long, and it does it with a 26MPG highway rating. That's simply amazing.

The E92 M3 is an awesome car. I like it a lot, and even test drove it. I'm not sure what to get between the new Cayman S or the E92 M3, but just enjoy what you have man and don't feel the need to fight everyone who has a different opinion than you. You drive a friggin' M3 man. Enjoy it, and be happy.
I don't think I'm fighting with anybody here. I'm simply stating my opinion. I can't justify paying GM $80k for a car. Why are the foreign car companies thriving in this country? Including Kia and Hyundai. And yet the american car companies can't turn a profit.

I was watching an interview yesterday morning and they had the VP of Audi America on. Audi set a sales record in US for car sales in the month of October. Now you tell me how they did that with the market and the economy crashing? They did it buy producing a good reliable product. They did it with returning lease customers. The whole idea is to have the consumer come back to spend again. It's doesn't work when you have servicing dealers trying to squeeze you for $1500 brake jobs, $400 oil changes, " your still in warranty BUT this isn't covered". The dealers are part of the destruction of these American brand names. Call Ford and complain about a local dealer you had a bad experience with. They will tell you dealer is a independent company and you should contact store manager. It's Fords big sign in front of that independent dealer and thats the #1 reason your doing business at that dealershp. The entire american car business needs to be restructured from the dealers up to CEOs. I had a problem last year with BMW servicer. I went home called BMW and 20 minutes later service manager at that another dealership called me on the phone to take care of my concerns. Problem solved. The interviewer asked the Audi VP about discounting in 09 if sales dropped due to the economy. He said, There will be no fire sales at Audi. It only scorches the brand.... Well said. Bravo! Audi.

So your choosing between Cayman s and the M3. Why isn't the Corvette one of the choices?? I mean if it's a such great car and a $8k discount, shouldn't it be your only choice?