NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
I own a '04 z06, so thought I'd chime in. They are really great cars. Very comfortable, and the interior is nice IMO, especially with my red/black version. I suppose you could argue they plastics or whatnot are not as nice as BMW, but I could argue that BMW interiors are one of the things I dont like about BMW. I owned a 325xi for a few years and the new interiors are the same (pretty much) as the new BMW's. I actually dont like BMW interiors, they're boring.

About the rattles.. My z06 has less rattles after 4 years than my 325xi had after 2.

About performance.. Even my 04 z06 will smoke any M3. Thats fact, the performance threshold of these cars are amazing. How do I know this? I've tracked my z06 for four years.

About daily driving/comfort.. There is a lot of space in the rear, especially for a sports car. The seats, although they could use more bolstering, are VERY comfortable on long trips. When I travel to tracks far into Canada, I can get out with no backpain or pressure points (cant say the same for the seats that were in my 325xi, they were awful). If we want to go on a long trip, we'll take the z06. The STI is also comfortable, nice seats, as is the FX35 we own, but the Vette is the MOST comfortable car. It is my daily driver when the weather is suitable. You CAN definitely use it as a DD.

Why do I still own a 4 year old car (I'd normally change out every one to two years)? I cant find another car on the planet for less than 100K (my budget) that will put such a smile on my face. The cost per performance factor on the z06 is ridiculous! Even the new z06, although a more refined car, IMO is not as fun. I've driven it at the track many times (my good friend owns one and we swap from time to time) and it is definitely a more impressive car to drive fast, but on the street, its so good you need to really be going fast to enjoy it or push the limits. Its just too refined, too soft, too quiet. Kind of like the M3 actually.

The reason I'm here is that I'm considering buying a M3 to replace my '08 STI, just because I've always wanted to own one, but to compare it to the z06, there simply is no comparison. I would NEVER trade in my Vette for the M3!
Truth in action and words!

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.