Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I get it, but they have also jeopardized their loyal fans that bought their cars because of good handling, reasonable weight and nice steering feel. Short term sales grabs don't always pay off.
I read a bunch of reviews saying the new G20 3 series steering is better and went to drive it. I took a loaded 330i M Sport model for an extended test drive. The car has gotten huge! The steering is a bit better but BMW has definitely lost it with the driving experience. With the huge size and the lackluster feeling, it's not a compelling drive. The new Audi A4 is a much better driving experience and the build quality is top notch.

In today's world where a giant Porsche Panamera feels like a nimble sports car at speed, I don't see how BMW became such terrible driving cars. If their aim its to become a (less reliable) Toyota Camry, they've acheived it.
Ha, you can even buy a BMW at a Toyota dealership now.

To be fair, we drove and really enjoyed an X3 M40i, but it didn't translate as well to the 30i version. One was too wound up and one was too sedate. We ended up with a Q5 that felt a lot like a mix of the two BMW versions and has much better technology.

It's a little large for our needs and we'll likely either wait for the upcoming smaller eTron SUV or get an SQ3 or RS Q3 when they arrive. I double we'll even stop by the BMW dealer, having driven the X1 and X2, I cant see either becoming significantly better.