View Single Post
      11-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #336
Mr Carrots
Captain
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
This just in - the next M2 will be FWD to provide increased oversteer and torque steer, something current owners said they prefer in their sports coupe. We interviewed 72 year old John Johnson and current BMW X2 owner and he confirmed, "When I drive, I don't like turning the wheel, but if I have to, I want it to be real easy like, and I don't want to worry about the back sliding should I accidentally push the gas pedal too hard. I also like the tug in the wheel I feel on my wife's Accord when I hit the gas, how hard can that be to duplicate, BMW?"

The only transmission option will be a 10 speed automatic developed in conjunction with FCA Group and pulled from the now defunct Chrysler 200. When asked about this decision, BMW execs said, "the consumer want more numbers and letters, so a 10 speed transmission is always better than 8, and an M245.75i Sport Xdrive will be perceived as more valuable and exclusive than a simple 230i."

This story is developing...stay tuned for more.
Painfully accurate, and a reminder why I'm likely not going to be buying another BMW for a long time to come (until everyone has to drive an electric mememobile)

How long until all the non Ms are FWD 4 bangers with plastic cladding?
Appreciate 0