12-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #90
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Also, lol at anyone that says these rwd cars are fine in the snow with snow tires. Have you ever driven anything that's above 400 hp in the snow and it's RWD? First of all, the tires on performance cars are all wide as hell in the rear and even the snows are wide. That means a whole lot less traction than your average Honda or 135i. There's also the issue of all that hp and torque being able to properly function in the snow. Even with snow tires, that's a whole ton of power that needs to be able to be put down.

I've driven a Mercedes CLS63 AMG in the snow with snow tires, traction just wasn't there and forget about going up a hill on your first try.
No....I've never driven a 400 HP, rwd, 6 spd vehicle in the snow.....oh wait....I have! It might have snow chains on my hey, I was towing my R1 and the snow was a few feet deep on parts of the highway/backroads that the road plows hadn't touched yet.

That was when it was cam'd, so an extra ~30 rwhp......mine was a factory retard (not a factory freak which makes more power than its suppose to) and made ~360rwhp after the baby cam was installed.

Lots of people drive high HP cars in adverse conditions with no problems. By the way, who cares if you can drive your 700whp Porsche in the snow? I know its awesome to see but you'll get from point A to point B in the same time as the 600rwhp car. And when you get caught in a patch of black ice or an icy patch of whatever, just because you have AWD or 4WD won't mean jack.