View Single Post
      03-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #29
rodi
. . .
Rep

Drives: your FACE!

ooh. has two compression settings for video like the 1Dx. has a touch-sensitive jog wheel now so you can adjust exposure without clicks in your audio (however i never adjust aperture during recording, but shutter speed).

"This new model captures 1080p Full HD video at 24p (23.976), 25p, and 30p (29.97) fps; 720p HD recording at 60 (59.94) and 50 fps; and SD recording at 30 (29.97) and 25 fps, giving cinematographers and videographers more flexibility and options for video capture.

The EOS 5D Mark III includes new H.264 video compression formats to simplify and speed up post-production work: intraframe (ALL-I) compression for an editing-friendly format and interframe (IPB) compression for superior data storage efficiency, giving professionals options to help achieve their ideal workflow. Like the EOS-1D X, the 5D Mark III also includes two methods of SMPTE-compliant timecode embedding, Rec Run and Free Run, allowing video footage from multiple cameras and separate audio recordings to be synced together in post production."

"includes the ability to record video continuously up to 29 minutes and 59 seconds across multiple 4GB files"

"manual audio level control with 64 levels, adjustable both before and during movie recording."

"Multiple Exposure modes, in-camera RAW processing, a comparative playback function"

"61-point High Density Reticular AF System, originally introduced with the top-of-the-line EOS-1D X professional camera; include expanded AF coverage area, superior focusing precision and low-light sensitivity to EV -2, and greater low-contrast subject detection capability "

same metering system as the 7D, not the 1Dx.

"shutter release lag time has been reduced to 59 milliseconds"

"estimated retail price of $3,499.00; end of March 2012"