View Single Post
      11-24-2006, 07:32 PM   #21
coaster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK42 View Post
Name one BMW model that has had any bugs in it's initial model that required any fixes or changes since the E46 M3.

The list is very short: -

BMW's quality control and testing standards have improved all the time, and that's the reason we see the new M3's driving around all over the world 1+ year before the actual release of the car. To make sure that it's good to go when it's released.

Best regards,

Jussi
Since we are talking about the M3 we can only compare the potential for bugs to previous M3s and that means E46. We know the story on that.

As for other models there have been minor things such as my current 2005 ZHP which has that undesirable dip in the torque curve near 4K RPM. I don't know why BMW didn't take care this before launching the ZHP and why they had to resort to service bulletins for it.

I do get your point though that the M group has probably gotten their act together this time around with all the testing going on a year before launch. But it doesn't hurt to wait until some of the "early adopters" report back with the bugs if/when they find them.
Appreciate 0