swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Slow down friend and consider switching to decaf. Are we being a little biased perhaps? We are talking $40K difference here between 335 and marked up M3. Not to mention insurance, license and tax differential. If money is no object why bother with the M3 at all? Step up to the $300K market and be styling The $40K differential is a lot of mula to buy brakes, tires and LSD (an absolute must) and have money left over to leave the M3 in the dust. I'll give you the reliability thingie though, no doubt.

We will also need to see what else is out there in the sub $70K market in a couple of years when the M3 sedan is out. Also don't forget the 335i will probably have the M-version or ZHP-equivalent version out by then or we may have the 340i or something like that. Meanwhile you have to accept the fact that by then smart 335 tuners will have managed to eclipse the straight line performance of your beloved E92 M3 with sub $10K tunes.

Unlike the faithful, the M3 will have to earn it for me. And it starts with the BMW stealers themselves. Happy thanksgiving!
No need to start off our first conversations with an insult. I don’t even drink coffee, wise guy. If you think it is wise/fair to compare two cars price to performance ratio including a $20k dealer mark up on one of them then maybe you need to switch off of something yourself, something a lot stronger than coffee.

I am not biased against the 335i. I really like the car. I have a brochure for one and have driven it. It is a darn nice car. It is just, as replicat stated, a sporty car, not a sports car (well said replicat). Perhaps, if all you care about is straight line performance, wouldn’t a used Mustang with a blown big block and drag slicks, while saving a ton over a 335i make more sense?

Sure I like to imagine how fantastic the new M3 will be; I have owned an E36 and E46 M and do believe Ms are fantastic cars. Fantastic all around, performance, track and straight line, comfort, a bit of luxury, looks, reliability, etc. Ms have an undeniable pedigree and each generation steps it up a notch. Sure BMW has gone more GT and less track car, but I am fine with that bias. They continue to push the envelope not only on performance but in price/performance as well. My “faith” I think is totally justified. If the car does not earn your faith no one will care anyway. Happy Thanksgiving back at ya.
Appreciate 0