View Single Post
      06-25-2023, 11:00 AM   #12
jnj2455
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 440i 6MT/RWD/MPPSK/2VF

lol i'm sharing these quotes from my parents over the last 5W shopping as I was amused at how fussy & opinionated they have been throughout the whole process. And no surprise, there are so many god damn options to choose from.

X3 30i - Fine but a bit tight. B48 is a bit louder/coarse than I was expecting (??)

X5 40i - Love this interior & space, but feels kinda porky/heavy. Same engine as your 440i? Yours feels faster. (well no shit dad, that's physics for you)

Q7 55 - Why does the leather feel so hard? Too many screens.

Q5 45- This somehow feels roomier than the X3? Smoother/quieter 2.0L even at WOT. Moves very quickly & feels light on its feet.

RX350h - This is nice but the Germans have better materials. What's up with that angry mouth/face thing?

RX500h - $73K??

CX90 - For how big it looks on the outside, this is still a bit tight on the inside. We "hate" this caramel suede interior (pretty sure they're the only persons on earth who have ever said that, I was charmed by that interior)

Highlander - Fine. Is a car.

RAV4 - People pay $32K for this plastic shitbox of nothing?

XC90 - This is quite lovely (I actually steered them away from Volvo since they keep their cars for a very long time and I worried about the super/turbo charged electrified 4 banger being a reliability mess)

In the end, it boiled down to the X5 and Q5, which obvi are different classes. It would've been the X5 if the dealer they were talking to wasn't being a dickhead & playing games. They actually increased the price of the X5 they specifically wanted by $1300 after they expressed serious interest. Knobs. Parents told them to go pound sand.

Audi won their hearts this time around.

Last edited by jnj2455; 06-25-2023 at 11:05 AM..