View Single Post
      03-22-2023, 11:26 AM   #192
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Nicely done! I've also been looking at these and the GR Corolla to satiate my 6MT needs (daily is a MYP). Was there anything else that you looked at?
I have a MYP as well as my daily to primarily cart the kids around. It's a fantastic daily. I completely understand the need to satisfy the 6MT, but I have the GT4 for that.

The CTR represents something more and different for me. What tipped the scales is a confluence of factors. It has a standard transmission, high nostalgic value (coming of age as a car enthusiast in the JDM era), the growing fear (real or perceived) that these types of cars won't be around much longer as we know them, and the fact that Honda absolutely nailed this iteration of the CTR. After consuming countless reviews on YouTube and magazine publications, it's hard to not at least be a little intrigued.

With that said, I did not cross shop other vehicles. I knew I wanted the CTR and was narrowly focused on securing an allocation. I loosely followed the GR Corolla and Golf R but never entertained purchasing either. They're really good cars in their own right and appear to be a lot of fun. It's a good thing to have options within a segment.